Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Happy Birthday to me


It was a gorgeous day!  I woke up at 3:15 and attended the third Simbang Gabi.  I was actually cool on my walk to church and at church.

When I returned to Ate Diday's, I took a 40 minute nap.  When I awoke I changed into a long-sleeved shirt and walked to the cemetery.  I spent some time at my grandparents' grave.

On my way back to Ate Diday's, I stopped when the drum and lyre group from St. Peter the Apostle School passed.  I spotted Imang Pasamba, a retired teacher whom I recently met .  I ended up walking the parade route with her and her grandson.  Praise the Lord the wind blew; it was comfortable.

Lunch was held at the old house.  Ate Diday cooked hamonado and rice; Ate Nene cooked carbonara.

Isabel (Abe) and Ate Nene
These women were classmates at the Academy,
Class of 64
Tess Guia and granddaughter Maye.
Tess has told me that we were playmates as children.

Ate Tessie and Tess Liyag Marcelino
Tess Marcelino was one of our playmates.
She her family used to live in the downstairs portion
of the old house.

Kuya Warly sitting on the window sill.
Ate Diday in the forefront.

Men who are working at the house.
Tito Ramon is the one wearing glasses.




Men working at the house.
Men working at the house.
Mar, 2nd cousin is wearing green.

desserts:  maha, casava, papaya

Delicious papaya provided by Ate Dada's family.
Maha, the whitish dessert was made by Ate Tessie.

Casava provided by Tita Titang,
brought by daughter-in-law Tess.


No comments:

Post a Comment