Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Demoliton end of Day 1

Monday, Sept. 29, Feast of the Archangels:  Michael, Gabriel, Raphael

 I sat for 3 hours watching workers begin the demolition.

Dear Bodega,

     Thank you for your years of service to my family.  If walls could talk what stories could you tell me? Please know we did not completely abandon you although you'd probably disagree.  I agree that we should not have allowed you to have gotten into such disrepair.  You were made to last forever surviving typhoons, earthquakes, and the intense heat of the sun.  Had we repaired and kept an eye, we would not need to demolish.  We would not be where we are today.  For this I offer my sincere apologies.  

     Throughout the years you stored rice grains although I don't remember that.  I was told yesterday that you had also stored salt.  What I remember is an open space for running.  On the first floor I remember the long tables full of gadgets, saved pieces from various projects, found items that perhaps were used for future projects.  In your later years you were also home to a family and a source of income for them.  Students improved their skills within your walls.

     Building on your foundation a house will rise and a library within its walls.  In these pictures and my memory, I pray, you will live several more years.  I will always speak of you with joy and gratitude.

                                                                                                             My love,
                                                                                                             Taina



These pictures were taken at the end of Day 1



1 comment: